Our History

East Texas Professional Credit Union was established in 1953 in Texas for Texans! We began as a member-owned and operated financial cooperative with a membership of 13 East Texans and an initial asset size of $65. Today, our membership base has grown to more than 78,000 and our asset size exceeds $943 million.

East Texas Professional Credit Union is a locally owned and governed financial institution. Membership is available to anyone who lives or works in Anderson, Angelina, northern Cherokee, Gregg, Harrison, Henderson, Nacogdoches, Panola, Rusk, Smith and Upshur counties. East Texas Professional Credit Union currently has office locations in Longview, Tyler, Kilgore, Marshall, Nacogdoches, Lufkin, Henderson, Gilmer, Carthage and Hallsville.

East Texas Professional Credit Union has grown to become the largest credit union in East Texas, and one of the largest in the state of Texas. Our credit union exists to provide a secure place for members to manage their finances. This was the foundation upon which our Credit Union was formed and remains the primary focus of our operation.

We are honored to have been awarded a 5-star superior rating for financial strength and stability from BauerFinancial for over twenty consecutive years. We are also proud to have received a financial strength rating of “A+” or “Excellent” from Weiss Ratings. Less than one percent of the nation’s credit unions meet Weiss Ratings’ criteria for exceptional financial strength. East Texas Professional Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration, and is an Equal Housing Lender.

Funds to at least $250,000 are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a U.S. Government agency.